October 15, 2014

Wednesday FAABnalysis -- Week 6, 10/15/2014

No bullshit, only FAABnalysis...

Alex Smith, $17 to Patrick (on Friday) -- 15 minutes later, JPA traded Tom Brady (plus parts) for Matt Ryan (plus parts).  When he claimed Smith, I think he had "co-starter" in his mind, when in reality, he should have been thinking "backup."  In any case, I have no problem with this player being rostered in the CKL.  I hate to see someone bidding against himself, but I have no problem with the LaySnays bringing Alex Smith aboard.



Theo Riddick, $0 to Kendall (on Saturday) -- The fact that I tried to handcuff Joique Bell should tell you how much esteem I hold for Joique Bell.  Been trying to land the dude for 18 months, and finally did it.  (Bell, not Riddick.  Riddick was in store for a five-day cup of coffee with the Nightmare.)




Now on to today's claims...

Brandon Bolden, $16 to Derrick -- Norris also bid hard on Bolden ($12) and I threw a couple of bucks at him as well, but here's my take on the player...  Brandon Bolden : James White :: Matt Asiata : Jerick McKinnon.  I think James White is the New England back with the juice this week, and he went for 12.5% of the cost paid for Bolden.  Bolden will have a few good games, but then White will take over that backfield.  The presence of Shane Vereen only serves to complicate matters.  Personally, I'm kind of glad I don't have a fuck in that clusterfuck.



Brandon LaFell, $13 to Kirk -- I thought there was the potential for someone to bid up to around $25 on LaFell this week, given the two touchdowns, but the CKL showed restraint.  Nice move for Kirk, dumping Dwayne Bowe (no upside) for LaFell (some upside).  It seems like the Sexy Badasses are finally interested in bringing in some, well...  It looks like they're interested in bringing in some sexy badasses.  Not sure you can say Brandon LaFell is a sexy badass, per se, but Dwayne Bowe *DEFINITELY* is not.



Alfred Blue, $11 to Patrick -- You got lucky that he was available and that you claimed him before Arian Foster got hurt.  (BY THE WAY, Foster looks like a beast this season, doesn't he?  I've always loved the way that dude runs, the way he plays the game.  I heart you, Arian.  Total mancrush.)



Louis Murphy, $8 to Mark -- I don't get it.  The Bucs are on bye, V-Jax and Mike Evans are both healthy... did Lovie come out and say they'd be looking to the slot more after the bye?  Murphy had a mini-breakout, with 16 catches, 206 yards, and 2 touchdowns over the last three games.  But that was with Mike Evans out / gimpy.  Mark knows what he's doing, don't get me wrong.  It's just not a move I would not have made at this time.  12 other non-bidders agree with me.  Bottom of your bench, my thinking is that you shop for upside.  Meanwhile, it's sad to see Victor Cruz take that injury and then unceremoniously dumped from the Peens.



Bernard Pierce, $7 to Russ -- Welcome to your third team, you sloppy piece of shit.  15 carries for 32 yards (and a zesty 2.13 yards per carry) suggests that yes, Bernard Pierce does actually suck.  Looks like the RB4 for Russ, so I can see kicking over the brick of white dog poo to see what's underneath... but c'mon.  It's Bernard Pierce.  The churn at the bottom of the roster can be pretty depressing sometimes.



Jarvis Landry, $5 to Kendall -- I got you, suckers.  Snuck another rookie rockstar through the back door.  Feast those eyes...


Get ready for some time in the slot, Brian Hartline.

Tre Mason, $5 to Joe -- 5 carries for 40 yards.  Ben (the new Zac Stacy owner) won't like to hear this, but it's now a three-way split in the Rams backfield.  And guess which back has the most talent?  Tre Mason.  In what looks like a lost season in St. Louis, I'd think they'll try to get their best young talent on the field.  Not really caring if Austin Davis gets killed, Mason's dicey pass pro isn't really a huge issue.



Ryan Tannehill, $4 to Chad -- With Nick Foles on bye, this fell perfectly into place for Chad.  Tannehill is a top-20 cube in fantasy football, so he's a fine backup.  Plus, I think Chad's a Dolphins fan?  It all adds up to a pretty good claim.



Brian Tyms, $3 to Kendall -- It's worth three bucks to me to see where this goes.  Could go nowhere.  Probably will go nowhere.  But maybe, just maybe... maybe Tyms is the guy the Pats drafted Aaron Dobson to be.  I think it speaks volumes that Belichick was willing to keep Tyms around while he was suspended for the first four games of the season.  Anyway.  I'm happy to take this lottery ticket and scratch it off.



Derek Carr, $2 to Nathan -- Officially, the Raiders are opening up the offense and letting Carr fling it.  Officially, the kid can handle the workload.  We all know RAINBOW WOLF is needy as fuck at the QB position, and Carr is currently #26 in FF... but rising.  Nice upside claim, Nathan.



James White, $2 to Joe -- I love it.  White is going to see action, that's the first part of the battle.  Now, what he does with those touches, that'll tell the story.  I'd rather bet $2 on him than $16 on Brandon Bolden.



Ladarius Green, $1 to Ben -- Sneaky claim, but Green won't matter until Antonio Gates finally dies.  Still, if the goal was to add exciting young talent, then mission accomplished for the struggling Moose.



Joseph Randle, $1 to Mark -- Please oh please oh please, fantasy football gods, please let DeMarco Murray go down with a season-ending injury.  Norris' hubris must be punished.



Kenny Britt, $0 to Nathan -- Says one gay cowboy to the other, "I wish I knew how to quit you!"



LeGarrette Blount, $0 to Norris -- Norris, your hubris must be punished.


Kinda got on a Walking Dead jag there, fellas.  'Pologies.


1 comment:

  1. $17 is WAY too much for Alex Smith. And this comes from a guy who started him four straight weeks. Maybe Patrick was next-leveling this bid, thinking I'd be coming hard after Alex for our showdown this week? I'll just assume that's what he did, as it ascribes some middling Jedi abilities to yours truly.

    I wanted Tannyhell and Landry the most this week, but didn't produce sufficient rain to make it happen. Carr and Brit are oof-worthy consolation "prizes".

    Oof.

    Might have to scoop up Orton on Friday. Bortles Orton would be quite the Swedish Chef combo of bench quarterbacks.

    ReplyDelete