September 17, 2013

Tuesday Afternoon Reflections - Week 2


Time for reflections on the predictions from the weekend.  I feel that everyone in media that forecasts should keep a tally of there abilities. And after a time maybe you don't listen to those that can't do their job well.  

Ben did not post predictions last week, but he is the boss so suck it  I did and did so poorly as is evidence by the red Xs. 


Glitterfist Lasersnakes (94.6) vs. Voodoo Browns (93.6)
ESPN Gameline: Even Odds - Kirk Gameline: Joe by 12

I feel like I nailed Patrick's team pretty well in the prediction. Darren Sproles (RB) sucks and I predicted it.  I missed Dez Bryant (WR) and should have given a little more love to Bradshaw (RB), but overall a went upper 90's and the Snakes landed at 94.6.  

Where I missed the game was with Mike Williams (WR) and Trent Richardson (RB).  I said excellent and they were not. Mike Williams is excellent, but Josh Freeman (QB) has to serve him the ball and that is not the best situation. Trent Richardson (RB) is excellent and so too is the Baltimore defense and I should have adjusted for that.  Steve Smith (WR) and Issac Redman (RB) are still not my cup of tea and soon will not be Joe's either.  
It was a close game but I called Joe by a dozen so clearly incorrect.  ESPN called Even Odds so I give them a point. 


The Magic Stick (97.1) vs. Jesus the Moose (134.7)
ESPN Gameline: Russ by 6 - Kirk Gameline: Russ by 7


I completely blew the call on this game and could not be happier. I truly felt dirty after calling it. I vouched for 100 to 110 on the Jesus and they served up 134.7 on the performance of Megatron (WR), Lynch (RB), and reluctantly... Frenchy Garcon (WR).  Frank Gore (RB) sucked it up with 3 points but the 49ers had nothing for the Seahawks's Defense.

Russ, out of spite, refused to win due to my prediction.  Fitzgerald (WR) gave a merger 3.3 after hurting this hamstring. Old Man River Gonzalez (TE), with plenty of targets, mirrored that with 3.3.  Both should have delivered 10 more points and that gets you to 107 instead of the losing 97.1, but still Ben would have won.

So Moose wins, Russ loses. It's win-win for me, but lose-lose for ESPN's and my prediction. 

Blackpool Penguins (98.4) vs. Pink Nightmare (99.0)
ESPN Gameline: Kendall by 21 - Kirk Gameline: Kendall 20+


I chalk this game up to AJ Green (WR) not being a dominating force in the Pittsburgh game.  I gave Cook (TE) too much credit in the Atlanta game and not enough to Julio Jones (WR) but overall that where I expected Norris to end up.  Yeah AJ Green (WR) and maybe a little more love from Victor Cruz (WR) and Pink rolls strong.  I called the right team but completely missed the line. ESPN and I hang our heads while taking the Green Check. 





Overall I slip to 3 and 4 in terms of predictions and Ben holds at 2 and 1. 


2 comments: