September 13, 2013

Week 2 - Predictions and Promises - Part 1


Last week I went 50/50 on my picks and Ben did something...I don't know I have been too lazy to look.  Anyway, I am going to start a follow up article to these muses on Tuesday called Tuesday Reflections or some other nonsense that will recap our picks because then it's fresh and I care.  So...well then....here we go.


Glitterfist Lasersnakes at Voodoo Browns 
ESPN Gameline: Even Odds
Patrick blew it up last week but most everyone would chalk that up to Peyton Manning and they would be correct.  This may be the year of the Snake (my Chinese birth year by the way, along with Kendall, Joe and Ben by the by), but when I look at this team I see a lot more Glitter than Fist. Kinda went around the bend on that last statement but the point is Dez Bryant (WR) is not going to score twice this weekend nor is TY Hilton (WR).  Those on their own cut 14 points off the top.  The Manning (QB) prediction I kinda get here of 18.8, but I would have gone a little higher to 24.  Never liked Darren Sproles (RB) and had him waste away on my bench several times. Because of that bench rot I will cut his number from 14 to 9.  And fucking Bradshaw (RB)...I really could care less about the players on this team.  I do like Tillman (CB).  So take 114.1 minus 14ish and I see maybe upper 90s.

And in this corner...

I might start a blog devoted just to Joe Sellers and his fantasy career.  It's action packed and if my prediction holds true at least 1 of his main starts will be on another team in a fortnight. This week Tannehill (QB) fell by the wayside for Brandon Jacobs (RB).  Deniis Pitta (TE) falls to Da'Rel Scott (RB).  Neither of the fresh additions are in the line up so it looks like Joe is trying to find the next big runner behind David Wilson in New York with Andre Brown out.  Or he is working a deal with Doc.  Either way...love it. 

Andrew Luck (QB) good, Trent Richardson (RB)...good, Mike Williams (WR)...okay, Jimmy Graham (TE)...excellent.  Steve Smith (WR) and Issac Redman (RB) aren't my cup of tea (neither badass or sexy) but they fill the holes in the 2 tier.  Patrick Willis (LB) will do better this week for Joe.  Joe I would pick up a new kicker (Seahawks) but what you have going here works.  

Joe should take this by a dozen.  



The Magic Stick vs. Jesus the Moose
ESPN Gameline: Russ by 6

And all the Moose in Mooseville breathed in a sigh of relief as the Jesus fell in the first game of the season.  It felt like things were okay again and the weight of a championship slipped off our shoulders. Now we can take off the suit & tie of success and free ball it as the bright spotlight of success shines on the Big Pink for a while.  What happened last week is Megatron (RB) and Lynch (WR) still had some rust in the joints and only put up a combined 8.9 points. This week the monsters should return for their 30+. Old fucking Frenchy Garcon (WR) will continue to disappoint.  Even with RG3 (QB) airing it out all day long he only managed 7.2.  Please sell him off to Chad for magic beans of Amendola (WR) or something.  (maybe one of Joe's new hot big city RBs). Don't tell anyone, but this is still a good team so a 100 to 110 performance is expected. 


Russ you got a wonderful new logo and it makes me see his team in a whole new light.  Cam Newton (QB) is still Sexy if no longer badass.  LeSean McCoy (RB) and Larry Fitz (WR) in the 1st Tier are excellent.  Old Man River Gonzalez (TE) paired with Jordy Nelson (WR) is good. And well someone had to have DeAngelo Williams (RB) if the Rookie (punkass) is not going to float him on his team. This is a solid team Russ.  Who picked it for you?

I am going to go with Russ this week over the Moose.  He's got a solid team and that should mean something coming from me because I fucking hate Russ.   

Russ by 7.



Blackpool Penguins vs. Pink Nightmare

ESPN Gameline: Kendall by 21

Stop the presses for a story from the field: Kendall has a good team.  I know it's not unexpected but still it is pretty impressive.  One amazing player after another: 

Top Tier: Tomy Romo (QB), Alfred Morris (RB), AJ Green (WR)
Second Tier: Victor Cruz (WR), Arian Foster (RB), Jordan Cameron (TE) 

And Kendall is still making moves with this IDPs.  His kicker (NE) is set to post 15 points.  Kendall could break his team into 2 teams and still beat half of us each week.  That is the world we live in. 

The Penguins are good and Norris has to be pleased with Jared Cook (TE) going off for 25 points.  CJ Spiller (RB) should do better than last week, but even if Brady (QB) goes Manning (QB) all over the Jets (suck) I just don't see Norris making up the gap.  

Big Pink rolls by 20+

No comments:

Post a Comment