September 29, 2013

Week: P&P, Part 2

Hey kids.  Sorry for my tardiness, yet again.  I hope the suspense was killing you and that this was miraculously worth the wait.

Yes, uglier than this!

Blackpool Penguins (1-2) vs. Sic Semper Tyrannis Rex (1-2)
ESPN Game line:  Blackpool by 2

Fortunately for them, these guys have no byes in week one.  Unfortunately for Rookie, we already know that Sam Bradford and Tavon Austin both shit the bed against the 49ers.  That tells me that things could get real ugly in this one.

I look down the Penguin roster and get alternating feelings of euphoria and disgust - plenty to love off-set by occasional vomit taste.  Rookie's guys don't move the needle until you hit the defense, so I feel a beat down coming.  Maybe not a score as low as the JU last week (BTW - thanks for that logo change Alan), but the sledding looks tough for TRex.

Blackpool by 20+


Champeens (1-2) vs. Magic Stick (2-1)
ESPN Line: Stick by 4

The Massengill is on the line and you know these guys are fire up to rinse out their vagina and smell spring fresh in week 4.  I imagine some serious cobwebs and all-around stank-ness need to be vanquished since last year.

The Bye Week Bug starts hitting us all this week and it appears the Stick will feel the sting most in this one.  No Jordy and no Cam.  Flacco may pull his weight, but no way does Emmanual Sanders make you happy as a starter.  Mark isn't missing anyone extremely important, but has to worry about depending on Cecil Shorts and Jaquizz Rodgers.

My heart says 'Peens, but a topless mythical creature says Stick.  How can you argue with a nude half woman - half horse?  Stick by a cobweb.




Sexy Badasses (3-0) vs. Double O-Daddy (2-1)
ESPN Line: Sexy B's by 6

Is anyone else starting to think maybe this is Kirk's year?  The undefeated record seems to support it.  The sexy players looking sexy and the badass players looking badass like the idea.  Even the change in name and logo hint at positive change.  All that paired with a ringer on draft day and I'd say it will make you think.

But this week is questionable.  Rodgers on a bye will surely help Chad, which I think will be all the difference.  Peterson against anyone is painful, but with Jammy C facing the so far hapless Giants, I don't think that is a problem. Hartline has surprised, but Brown just showed huge upside.  Rice and Johnson both seem past prime, but serviceable.  And the rest just seems like a mishmash of chances and luck.

So, I like Chad (not as a person, just in this matchup - no, not really.  I love Chad!).  Daddy by 5 or so.

3 comments:

  1. Love it even if it is late

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the semi-ballsy pick of Chad over Kirk. Its a huge game. Either would be pleased as punch with a win. Kirk since he's rolling with Brian Hoyer with A-Rodge on bye. He has to like the matchup of Cameron and Gordon against the Bengals beat up secondary. The key will be the O line somehow containing the Bengals pash rush. Balance: no one. Could be a low scoring game, actually. And as soon as I typed that I'm reminded of those ridiculous Battle of Ohio shootouts from a decade ago. Football constantly reminds me that I know nothing.

    Chad would obviously love to take down one of the two remaining loseless squads. It would galvanize his early season playoff push. I could see it going either way, but this is definitely the game of the week for me.

    ReplyDelete