September 20, 2013

Week 3: Predictions and Promises - Part 2


Barclay Street Bruisers at Jesus the Moose
ESPN Gameline: Ben by 10


I waited for the McGahee (RB) bid off to file this report and I'm glad I did. Welcome to the all new Barclay Street Bruisers as Paul made big trades and big investments to push his team into the elite bracket  Paul over the last week has quickly and in an unabashed way pushed his team into a brave new world. 



On Wednesday he dropped EJ Manual (QB) to pick up Robert Turbin (RB).  

Kendall talked about this Wednesday FAABnalysis -- 9/18/13.  If you haven't read it, then do so because its a good take. 

Then on Thursday, Paul traded away...

  • Russell Wilson (QB)
  • his beloved Ray Rice (RB)
  • Eric Decker (WR)
  • Bernard Price (RB)

He got...

  • Peyton Manning, QB
  • Darren Sproles, RB 
  • Justin Blackmon, WR 
  • Danny Woodhead, RB

I ran this trade through the KFFL trade analyzer and they said Paul should not have done the trade, stating...

Ray Rice is the most valuable player involved in this trade.
Peyton Manning is the most valuable QB involved in this trade.

In a 14 team league, I would recommend being careful about trading away a RB. If Ray Rice is a top RB on Team 2, then they might be wise to reconsider this trade. 

Overall, I think Team 2 is giving the most in this deal. The margin appears to be a significant difference. Team 2 should decline this trade. 



However I think Paul is more cunning than that. I have on several occasions talked about Paul being a shrewd fantasy player.  Paul is a Baltimore fan and knows more about the team than anyone else in the league.  Paul dumped all of his stock in the team.  When I see an insider selling I think it's probably time to get out the market. 

Then today Paul made it rain for Willis McGahee (RB) with a $55 dollar bid.  That a lot of money but that's not the headline.  To pick up Willis McGahee (RB), Paul dropped Robert Turbin (RB) who he had just bought on Wednesday.  This means that Paul effectively spent $66 for Willis McGahee.  It's a big roll of the dice on a Free Agent signed to the Browns but I get it.  (I put up $36 on McGahee (RB) and was prepared to drop Donald Brown (RB) who I just paid $15 for.   If Paul can shore up his RB troop than he'll have a team that is pretty well balanced out.  

All that being said, Paul is a least 2 - 3 weeks out from having this team prepared for battle with Blackmon (WR) out until week 4 and McGahee needing a week or two to get back in the swing of things.  

Ben however is ready to play now and he will win. 

Ben by 15+



Blackpool Penguins vs. Kick Azz Giants 
ESPN Gameline: Norris by 7.1

I haven't talked about Doc this year so I requested this game. Dad's team  is pretty solid.  David Wilson (WR) I think will play off, DeSean Jackson (WR) and Steven Ridley (RB are solid and with Richardson going to the Colts I think Reggie Wayne's (WR) value increases.  Doc has a dicey situation with Gronk (TE). Grank (TE) is gametime and Doc's temp TE Dwayne Allen (TE) is on IR, so Gronk has to play to keep Doc in the game. 

Norris has Brady (QB), Spiller (RB), Julio Jones (WR), DeMarco Murray (RB), Torrey Smith (WR) and Cook (TE).  He's in a much better position going into this week so I give him the edge, but Dad should make it closer than it presently appear. 

Norris by 5ish.  



Sic Semper Tyrannis Rex vs. The Magic Stick
ESPN Gameline: Rookie by 9.3


Rookie made a move on Coby Fleenor this week and it was probably a solid get.  The Tyler Effect (TE) has not played out yet but I still have hope for him long term.  Bradford (QB) played well last week and this week is going to be airing out against the Cowboys.  I love Lamar Miller (RB) still so I am on that band wagon.  Austin (WR), Colston (WR), and McFadden (RB) are okay, but Rookie's biggest problem right now is outside of Bradford no one has been top-notch spectacular.  This is a blue collar team and if everyone doesn't come to work then Rookie will suffer. 

Russ on the other hand has some big names Cam Newton (QB), LeSean McCoy (RB), Larry Fitz (WR) , Jordy Nelson (WR), DeAngelo Williams (RB), Tony G (TE).  Anyone of these guys could break off for 20+ points.  If Russ can get 2-3 to pop off it should a long day for Rookie.  

Again I pull for Russ's victory, and hopefully he will lose just to spite me. 

Russ by 12. 


No comments:

Post a Comment