November 8, 2012

Week 10 - Predictions & Promises continued

Kirk and Ben asked me to do the honor of previewing their matchup this week, which I was happy to do.  Then I remembered that I'm not terribly funny.  Three word will help you get through this - lower your standards.

Jesus the Moose at Achilles Heels, The Battle of Evermore
ESPN Game line: Ben 127.7, Kirk 101.5

So, I don’t get the Evermore thing, and that’s okay.  Kirk clearly gets it, as, according to him, he’s never lost this battle to Ben.  Nope, not once.  Huh?

Don’t worry folks, this isn't a presidential debate, so we have fact-checkers immediately available to remind Kirk that the Moose took down the Heels just last year.  Nice selective memory, Mr. Whitt.

Anyway, I look at these two teams and I wonder how one is 7-2 and the other is 3-6.  Seriously, these teams aren't that different.  Well, maybe when Jammy-C decides to show up, the Moose get the edge.  But who the hell knows when that is going to happen?

I like the Ponder-Peterson-Megatron three way action in Minnesota this weekend.  Call me crazy, but I expect a bit of a bounce-back performance from the young signal-caller.  However, I’m really worried about Calvin this week, and Ben has no WR options on the bench if he doesn't go.  It looks like Megatron is dealing with some significant injuries and he’s not practicing.  Kirk’s Qs are less worrisome, and I think Hernandez goes crazy against Buffalo regardless of the number of snaps he sees.  

Look, a healthy Moose nips the Heels, but the Moose is not well, so look for Peterson & Co. to lock up another victory for Kirk in this one, 105 to 97.  Did I really just write that?  Ugh.




2 comments:

  1. Rook I don't know if I recognize your theory that Ben has beaten me. Maybe put that on the shelf with global warming and consider the case for it later.

    ReplyDelete