November 17, 2013

Predictions and Promises: Part 2





I know it's late, so let's make hay...

Jesus the Moose (8-2) at Glitterfist Lasersnakes (5-5)
ESPN Gameline: Ben by 16.2


I like to put in some real thought provoking prediction for this game but really Ben's team is pretty stout. The only thing that Ben doesn't have on this team is a good tight end. (Ben I would love to work a deal this week to fix that matter if you are open by the by.)

Patrick I will give you credit. You are not totally horrible this season but that hardly matters. You aren't going to the playoffs. Ben beats you this week, then Mark does it next week. I'll leave the light on for you.

Ben by 10



Kick Azz Giants (1-9) at The Champeens (4-6)
ESPN Gameline: Doc by 8.2


On it's face this game doesn't matter, but as Mark continues to woo the Jenna every point is a must have. Given it doesn't fuck matter who is going to win I am going to go with what I want.

My personal preference would be that Doc was to win this game with an outstanding play by a Gronk (TE) and for Mark to lose but with an extremely high score so that he could continue a losing season march toward the Jenna. I want Mark to go to the playoffs with a losing record because I think it just flies in the face of all the Jenna Haters.

So I want to go with Mark busts hundred and Doc busts 110 and wins by five.

Doc +5



Voodoo Brown (6-4) at THUNDER BEAR (5-5)
ESPN Gameline: Nathan by 19.2


I'd like to congratulate Joe for beating me for the first time in five years. When I think back to what ended by season the top three are.

1. Loss to Russ
2. Loss of Rodgers
3. Loss to Joe

I buried my head in the sand after the last one. Joe congrats on getting the death nail.

For all the ballyhoo about how Joe's put together a much stronger team then what he'd supposedly had at the beginning of the season, he is still a month late and 2 players short.  

For this week, I think ESPN's going a little bit light on Josh Gordon (WR) against Cincinnati. This is a historically high-scoring game. I think he snags a touchdown. I've never really liked Ryan Mathews (RB) out of spite for burning me on year, but I think history is proving that he's not necessarily the best running back if there ever was.

On the otherside, Nate "The Accountant" has put together better situation as far as the opponents that his players are going to be playing against this week.

The real story of Nathan's team or at least the player that I find the most interest in talking about is Reggie Bush. Every single year I think to myself, "I shouldn't pick up Reggie Bush because his this is probably the season of sorrow." But every year he continues to be a very serviceable running back.

ESPN sees this as a run away. It will be closer than that because Nathan's team isn't fucking bullet proof, but still Joe is going to lose.

Nathan by 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment