October 18, 2013

Nathan's Nits - Week 6






Start/Sit Thoughts 

(reminder that I type up these italicized comments during the Sunday noon to 1 hour)

These thoughts are incomplete and weak, as I spent the Sunday noon hour in bed nursing a hangover from the previous night's bachelor party. Nothing mixes quite so well as dark beer, car bombs, and Rumble Mince on a bed of bud light and shrimp. It was like an unfunny episode of Beaver Boys. At least I had the sense to chug copious amounts of water throughout the night. And my cohorts were jacked until Monday morning, at least, so I must've done something right. Pro tip: have a green juice when you're hungover. Lindsey pilled a bunch of fruit and spinach in the juicer and what she produced, while difficult to get down, fixed me up right within an hour. So halfway though the one o'clock games, I was straight. I'm hooked.




  • Paul: timing of RB/FLEX games.

    I'm a paranoid player. I assume if something can go wrong, it will. If I'm starting two RBs (one in the FLEX), I'm gonna FLEX the later game player, that way if Danny Woodcock sticks his finger in a socket on Sunday night, you have the FLEXibility to move someone else, even a chumpy WR, in that slot and get some points. A minor quibble, for certain.





  • Kirk: like the Burnett play.

    I considered picking him up. Glad I didn't. 3.2 just ain't gonna get it done.


  • Nathan: overpaid for Derrick Johnson but he is a great DP

    That's right. 12.8 and I got him OFF THE STREET.


  • Rookie: Three Oakland RBs on your bench. Your cup must seem forever ago.

    Sorry to pile on, but geez.


  • Norris: Geno Smith over Tom Brady.

    Brass balls. I get why you did it. But its still Tom Freaking Brady, man. And he really didn't earn this comment until the very end of that game. Pretty unbelievable stuff. At least this decision didn't cost you the game. It was everyone else on your team that did that.

    Performance: Smith: 201 yard and 2 INTs; 6.8 points. Ouch. Brady: 261, 1, and 1 for 15.2 points. Not exactly a QB1, but much better. Don't even your QB (or other) positions right now, Norris.

    Douchey Tom Brady Hair



Week 6 Numbers


All Play


  • Alright guys they're running away from us.
  • Joe gets more variable by scoring 69.3, a new season low, in a win.
  • Alan trying to outsexy the badasses as Mr. Explosion.
  • Yet again, the top six in this table represents the current playoff field. No disturbance in the Force.


Luck


  • Now with more significant digits.
  • Take a moment and enjoy being on top Joe. The Voodoo that you do so well it's a spell, hell, makes me wanna shoop.
I always preferred Spinderella.


Jenna


  • Flopping back and forth each week with different winners and losers. Chad on top fo the first time I can remember.
  • Kirk and Patrick with hope.
  • Joe, Derrick, Norris, Rookie and Alan: halfway home and all out of love.


Hotness


  • Paul and Ben rounding into form. Mark looking good too.
  • Not a ton of hope at the bottom. Sorry guys.

Ugh. Chortle. Vurp.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought I would find myself at the top of the Luck position, yet I drafted a guy named Luck. Coincidence? Nope.

    It's now going on 5 out of 6 weeks that a non-IDP starter has scored less than 1 point for the Brown each week (with my starting WRs combining for 1 point in Week 4!) JINX be looking to end that trend this weekend.

    ReplyDelete