October 19, 2013

Week 7: Predictions and Promises: Game of the Week

Pink Nightmare (6-0) at Jesus the Moose (4-2)
ESPN Gameline: Ben +6

This is the game of the week.  Kendall has some question marks surrounding a performance that is already projected to come in short.  Ben has Brees (QB) on bye, and decided not to go with his 7th rank backup of San Bradford (QB) and instead with the 30th ranked Vick backup of Nick Foles (QB). So let's break it down.

Kendall

AJ Green (WR), Alfred Morris (RB), Jordan Cameron (TE), Arian Foster (RB) should deliver their part.  I don't have concern here.

Tony Romo (QB) - In order to stay in the hunt Romo has to be 25+ in points.  He is going against the Eagles at home and with Nick Foles (QB) under center. The only time this season Romo has gone +25 is against the Broncos in a throw off and I don't see that happening with the Eagles.  I mark 25+ as doable but suspect.

Harry Dougles (WR) - Julio Jones (WR) and Roddy White (WR) are injured so Douglas has inherited the wind.  The expectation is about 70 yards and a TD but these things things either go all boom or all bust.

Ben

Lynch (RB), Johnson (WR), Frenchy (WR), Gore (RB), and Finley (TE), should do their part but Nick Foles (QB) I have concerns over.  He is marked for 22 points and I just don't see it.  He did well against the Bucs but I would hope the Cowboy would have watched the film.  On the other hand the Cowboys are marked 32nd against QBs so maybe I am off base.  I just don't see this as Foles coming out party.

Either way both Kendall and Ben are hoping for a throw off in the Eagles Cowboys game.  I don't see it happening.  The winner of this game will own the division, the Eagles are at home, and the Cowboys just beat the Redskins.  I admitted it has all the makings of a great offensive NFL game, but these games seem to be grinders more often than not.  Everybody will be up for game and nerves will be high, and in that situation I think Romo has a huge advantage.

This a nail bitter but I am going with Ben to break the perfect season as Kendall is fielding a less than perfect team.

Ben by +5

No comments:

Post a Comment